2-Day Workshop with Andrea Toyias,
Casting Director from Blizzard Entertainment
Want to break into the video game voice over market? Learn how from Blizzard Entertainment Casting Director Andrea Toyias who will be teaching a 2-day, weekend workshop for Abacus Entertainment.
Blizzard Entertainment is the most popular and well-respected maker of computer games.
This 2-Day Workshop Includes:
- Video Game Voice Acting Ingredients: Addressing what it takes to be a successful voice actor in our industry
- Audition Guidelines: Tips EVERY actor should know about auditioning for video games
- Recording Video Game VO: A fun time to chat and get to know each other with an extensive Q&A
- Overview of Voice Acting in Video Games (With handouts)
- Reads Round 01 – Generic Character Reads (From a selection of various roles from Blizzard games)
- Reads Round 02 – Finding Your Fantasy Voice (Creating voices/deliveries that would fit into the fantasy worlds of The Hobbit, Game of Thrones, etc. – focusing on the mid-Atlantic accent)
- Reads Round 03 – Creature Sounds (Creating non-verbal animated characters that are the backbone of video games)
Actors will read a variety of video games roles
so that they can experience the entirety of what goes
into video game voice work.
Lunch is included both days.
Andrea Toyias is the Senior Casting & Voice Director at Blizzard Entertainment where she enjoys bringing a wide-range of characters to life in World of WarCraft, Diablo, StarCraft and most recently, Blizzard’s newest exciting titles, Hearthstone and Overwatch.
Andrea has been working in the video game industry for over 15 years. Her early years were spent at Vivendi Games where she first developed her love and passion for voice acting; first as a Dialogue Editor and later as the in-house Recording Engineer. She worked with hundreds of actors on innumerable games of every genre, ranging from the fun and entertaining Spyro to the dark and ominous Chronicles of Riddick. In 2008, Andrea transitioned to Blizzard Entertainment and began building the voice department from the ground up. She currently spends most of her time in the recording studio where casting and directing ghouls, goblins, demons, space aliens and super heroes are her specialty.
Andrea’s latest work on Overwatch has led her all over the globe as she searches for characters of every background, ethnicity and sound in order to make Blizzard’s newest undertaking come to life in new, more vibrant ways.
Andrea’s goal, no matter the role and no matter the project, is to find a truth and believability in every line, in every character and in every performance.